Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 6: Saintly Snow Days


1. Victory Hop Devil Ale
2. Victory Bottom’s Up Brown Ale
3. Victory St. Victorious Dobblebock
4. RJ Rockers Bell Ringer
5. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
6. Unibroue Trois Pistoles
7. Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

Welcome to another Saturday morning. For those of you in warmer climates, this week was Philly Blizzard Week, or Blizzard of 2010, or Snowzilla, Snowmagedan and Snowverkill. What that means for me and this blog is what to drink during a snow storm. I wish that I would've had some Victory Storm King, and I will be sure to keep it in stock from here on out. If anyone knows of any other fitting beer titles for such an event (not Winter Warmers), let me know.

The week began with 28.5 inches of snow over two days. What that means for me is getting out of the house to enjoy a bit of winter blowing in my face. So for two days it was Victory Hop Devil as that was all that was served at the one tavern in walking distance. But once cleared and a few days passed, still jonesing for some Victory, I found myself in Downingtown, PA, home to Victory for some dinner and a drink. Of all the choices I went for their Bottoms Up Brown Ale, as I have never seen it before. And although it was a tasty Brown, it was still only average.

So once arriving home, knowing well that there was a Victory St. Victorious hiding in the fridge, I began to indulge. St. Victorious is a Dobblebock. Poured a nice dark brown, it had a decent head that wafted beautiful notes of smokey caramel and cocoa, with subtle fruit and appeared in its taste. Gravitating towards these smokey beers this winter, it was just what I was looking for to contend with "The Devils" hops from earlier in the week. It was a malty treat for those waiting for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment